GivingTuesday, also known as #GivingTuesday, takes place the Tuesday right after Thanksgiving. This year #GivingTuesday falls on November 29.
What is GivingTuesday?
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity. GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since then, it has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
It’s a simple idea: whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts and everyone has something to contribute toward building the better world we all want to live in.
How do we participate in GivingTuesday?
To join the GivingTuesday movement you can make a pledge to give – each Tuesday and every day – whether it’s some of your time, a donation, or the power of your voice in your local community.
Itiah Angels for Learning (IAFL) offers you plenty of opportunity to join the movement:
- Set up time aside to volunteer; click here.
- Email us to attend one of our virtual committee meetings to learn about our mission firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send you the zoom link to join the meeting.
- Shop Itiah’s merchandise and help us spread the word about our mission.
- Make a recurring Donation here of $200 per student.
- Donate at BENEVITY matching initiative if your company participates. Itiah Angels for Learning’s cause number is 840-832442548
- Shop at smile.amazon using this link and Amazon Smile will make a small donation to our charity
- Encourage your child to become a penpal to one of our students; click here to notify us.
ITIAH Angels for Learning endeavors to take “Love Thy Neighbor” to the highest level by treating all children as our own. When read from right to left, the word ITIAH becomes “HAITI,” (the Taino word that describes a land of high mountains) and in the Hebrew language ITIAH also means “God is with me.”